Monday, March 07, 2005

Procrastination Station

So yeah, I admit it I was a tad under anxious to get my passport replaced (ie. wait until the last week to do anything about it), but in typical ty style I wasn't worried because I knew that for an extra $30 I could speed the process along in my favor and have a document in 24 hours...or so I thought.

Of course just to make things interesting Murphy's Law reared it's ugly head and put a serious kink in my over zealous plan. I am not going to get right down to the sorted details, however, what I will say about the whole undesirable scenario is learn from my mistake and take care of this waaay before you need to. Still, in retrospect I have to admit it was somewhat amusing (if not rediculous). The 24 hours, much to my horror became 4 days which if I hadn't changed my ticket from this Monday to this coming Thursday I would be straight up f#%ked come border/customs time...repeat after me "NO TRIP FOR YOU!!!"

The good news is my passort has arrived (before they said it would) and I am pretty much on schedule to make this acutally happen. So it's t-minus 3 days and counting before I jet and it's beginning to really sink in that I'm really going...oh my gawd, oh my gawd, OH MY GAWD!

The question is now, can I make it the whole way?

Stay tuned, it's going to be long and interesting haul peppered with colorful blogs and tale telling photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home