Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Friends: Seasons 1-9 / Vang Vien, Loas

Hmmm, there isn't much to say about this sleepy little stop, except that I can't figure out why anyone would spend more than a day or two here. I guess coming from the Okanagan rafting in a slow river didn't appeal to me and since it was sunny the last thing I thought would be cool would be to explore some caves and as much as I like watching 'Friends' and lounging about while food is served to me the idea of it playing in 8 out of 12 places in one block over and over again from open to close is a little bit terrifying, I don't care hot you think Rachel is!!! One thing I will say is if you ever find yourself in Vang Vien and you're headed south, definitely do the Kayaking down the river. Man, was that cool. Sure there even some rapids, not epic, but enough to surf and turf me a couple time. Then there was cliff jumping from which I'm still a little battered and bruised, but it was grand! (Note: arms up or arm to your sides or you'll be sorry). In total a few hours in a truck, 4 or 5 hours in the boats and boom...you're in the capital, Vientiane and you didn't have to hold your knees to your face for hours on end or share a seat with a chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home