Thursday, April 07, 2005

Who ever said Lobsters can't ride motorbikes? / Koh Samui, Thailand


Considering the breakneck speed at which I have chosen to travel, which for the record, is revealing itself to be truly insane. Were it not for my insatiable drive to throw myself well outside my comfort zone all for the sake of one 'around the world in 80 day' adventure I would have just started with Thailand, taken the last month to ease into the beach and more than likely avoided today's 'ultra violent' beating.

Let me explain. Knowing my time on the beach was limited (1-3 days in each place max.) I thought it would be a good idea to try and get that 2-week tan in about 2 or 3 days! Crazy, I know, but if the truth be told, the first two went pretty smoothly, I went easy and the golden hue was coming in nice; I was beginning to look like I even fit in. However, today, well today was not so good. I rentd a motorbike and decided ripping around the island all afternoon would be a far better way to 'catch some rays' as apposed to rolling in and out of sweaty unconsciousness lying on the beach. Which, by the way may sound lovely, but personally I find it is dreadfully boring, there is only so much reading, swimming and banana shake ordering a guy can do before actually going bananas!

The road was long, the bike was swift and with the wind blowing past me I barely felt the heat at all, but it was there...in a very big way, it was there. It's been a couple of hours since I got out of the sun and I have applied 7 hearty 'bastings' of aftersun lotion. I'm as red as the paint on a fire truck..."Smells like...buuuuurning".

My motorbike is bright red and so am I, we make a cute pair. This could very well be my last entry depending on whether or not I need to fly home for skin graft surgury. Cross your fingers that it won't come to that. I would, but my fingers are burned!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oy! your pictures are amazing!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home